Powered by Blogger.

Octavarium

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Progressive Rock is not usually my thing... But after being forced by my boyfriend to listen to "Octavarium" by Dream Theatre I was surprised that I didn't hate it. Don't get me wrong though, it was a bit tedious listening to all 20 something minutes(!) of the song and there were a few guitar solos that went for just that bit too long. What I was impressed with was that the song never got boring considering how long it is! Whoever wrote the song managed to keep the music interesting but maintaining the feeling all at the same time.

However, I think that I'm going to be sticking to my Indie and Singer/Songwriter... Don't worry John Mayer and Lykke Li, I haven't forgotten you just yet!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP